Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:20:30 +1000
Hi,
Here is a curly one!

My hard drives were as follows:
HDD - 17 gig consisting of partitions: C:, E:,F:
HDD - 2.1 gig consisting of                 D:

I installed Adaptec "Go Back 2.2" and when it rebooted after
installation it said something  about not working properly with one of
the drives (it didn't state which) I suspect it was D:
Once I waded through all the error messages (which I didn't record) I
discovered that many things didn't work, fonts seemed to be
missing from some programmes, and I was one hard drive short in
explorer.  It turned out that D: had disappeared from my
system and E had become D.  F had become E and so on.  As most of my
programmes are installed on E: (now D:) not  much
works properly as links from the operating system on C: are broken.  I
removed "Go Back".
Both cds seem to work, tho I haven't tried burning as the software
probably will have to be reinstalled.

Now just to clarify, the computer was not even touched let alone bumped
or opened in this time, so it seems unlikely to be a cable
problem.

I rebooted several times... no luck.  I booted in dos and still the
former drive D: was not showing. However at the beginning of
the boot cycle when the computer lists the PnP devices and drives it
shows both physical hard drives and both cds
Which leads me to believe that the missing drive is working but the
operating system isn't seeing it.

The missing drive is listed under control panel Device manager, as
Generic IDE disk type 80, but no drive letter is assigned to it,
the area to enter a drive letter there is greyed out.
Is there a way to Reassign a drive letter to this drive?
What else can I do to get access to the drive again?

my system;
win 98
AMD k6-2 - 400, overclocked to 450
Primary master 17gig HDD, 3 partitions