Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 13:42:31 -0700
  If the address is statically assigned (less and less common, but
not impossible), then it will be in the same Network configuration
screen as you originally entered it.  So let's assume that it's
dynamic; the configuration screen just says "Obtain an address using
DHCP".

  So the computer is connected, and apparently has obtained an
address, and you'd like to know what it is.  (Note that it could
change the next time you connect, so knowing what it is may not be
terribly useful....)
  Unfortunately, you haven't told us what OS you're running, so I'll
assume it's some flavour of 32-bit Windows.

  Under NT 4.0, you need to get to a command line ("DOS prompt",
whether it's really "DOS" or not) and type the command "ipconfig".
Typing "ipconfig /all" will produce more detail -- probably more than
you want or need, and almost certainly more than will fit in the
window without scrolling out of sight.  You can redirect the output
to a text file "ipconfig /all >foo.txt" for easier viewing.

  Under Windows 95, you need to go to Start|Run and run "winipcfg".
It pulls similar information from similar places, and displays the
results in a nice little grid.

  Windows 98 provides both "ipconfig" and "winipcfg"; I'm about 98%
certain that Microsoft will have continued to support both in 2K and
ME.

On 8 Jul 2001, at 8:17, Raymond Busick wrote:

> How do I determine the IP ADDRESS of my cable modem computer.
>
> RAY

  Please don't re-send the entire digest to ask a one-line question.

David Gillett

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml