Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:59:50 +0000
Roy wrote--
> If you click on the backwards P on the toolbar all secret codes are
> revealed.  Click on the backward P again and they all are hidden.  The
> backwards P is on the far right of the standard toolbar.
>
> Microsoft calls the "nonprinting codes" in the documentation, options and
> help files.
>

> At 11:08 PM 2/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Mike Buraczewski wrote:
> >>
> >> If you are familiar with the reveal codes
> >> feature of WordPerfect, you can visually see that a section of bolded text
> >> is bracketed on either side with a bold code for turning bold on and
> another
> >> for turning it off.  Word uses similiar codes, but you cannot view them as
> >> easily (and usually don't have to by the way).
> >
> >Would you please share with us how to see these hidden codes?
> >Where/how are they stored?
> >
> >What is the "official" name for these hidden codes? A search of the
> >Word help system for terms like reveal codes, hidden codes, hidden
> >format, etc. turns up no results.
> >Jim Meagher

Martha sez--
     Don't think those are the "codes" our enquirer had in mind.
Non-printing characters, like the paragraph sign (backwards P) and
indicators for spaces and tabs-- not what I'd think of as "code." The
bracketed instructions like PostScript are more like it. I still have
nightmares about that, from my typesetting days.

Martha Knight
Sound Ideas

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]