Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:16:31 -0800
Hi again all,

My progress with this problem is as follows:

1)  Insert boot disk into A:\
2)  Start cpu
3)  After boot-up, cd to C:\Windows
4)  Type 'win' (leave boot disk in A:\)
5)  Blue screen - error message: Device or resource required by VFAT not
present or is
    unavailable | VFAT cannot continue loading : system halted
6)  Remove boot disk then have to reset (ctrl-alt-del doesn't respond)
Windows loads, everything
    ok
7)  Shut down, redo steps 1,2,3 next: step 8
8)  Remove boot disk from A:\
9)  Type 'win'
10) Not ready reading drive A:\  Abort, Retry, Fail?
11) Abort
12) Error message: C:\windows\system VMM32.vxd file missing | unable to load
13) After 30 seconds, the message 'it's now safe to shutdown your comp'
appears.
14) Press ctrl-alt-del...system boots to (F10?) screen and says windows
didn't start proper on
    previous attempt...tells me to choose 3-safe mode...chose 1-normal mode,
everything loads,
    everything ok.

The file VMM32.vxd is NOT missing. It is in C:\windows\system. The error
message simply says 'missing'. It does not say 'corrupt'. When in dos, I cd
to c:\windows\system, then dir/p/w , then search through files: found
VMM32.vxd - size approx. 700 KB. When in explorer, same thing - file present
in c:\windows\system 694 KB
Now, the problem that concerns me is simple: even though everything is fine,
and the old saying 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind, I still
wonder what I would do if I ever actually needed to use my boot disk. Any
ideas anyone? Thanx in advance

Alan Thompson

Alan Thompson wrote:
> > When testing my boot disk, which brings me to A:\, I know how
> to access C:\
> >and all my dir's and such, but how do I start win95 without using
> >ctrl-alt-del ?

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html