Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 23:49:25 -0600
Ian writes:

<<downloading mail has presented me with a problem. I received 2
mails which are obviously virus carriers.....But AVG made not a bleep or a
whimper>>

Well, I'll start this ball rolling by stating the obvious--only because Ian
didn't mention them:

1. Have you configured AVG to check incoming email?  Some A-v progs I've
seen have that option, though I can't imagine why anyone in their right
mind would want to turn it off.  Could be a very nasty trap for the unwary.

2. Email yourself the standard a-v eicar test file--just to ensure that
your supposition about these suspect files is correct.

Once you've eliminated these possibilities, then, yes, Houston, we do have
a problem.

Ian makes a very valuable point (if his assumptions are correct).  Most of
us wouldn't know until we'd been bitten.

Incidentally, I thought "previewing" these files was a naughty thing to
do--doesn't that release their virus content? At least, in OE?

Don Penlington (Nothing is insoluble--we just don't know the answer).
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com