Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:22:05 -0800
This actually sounds like a driver, system, or virtual memory, issue rather
then any kind of application software fault. What kind of chipset are you
using ... Intel or VIA? Is this a AMD CPU? If so make sure you install VIA
4 in1 drivers.

Have you patched Windows to Service Pack 3? Run windows update, and make
sure everything important is up to date. Have you installed the latest
video drivers for your card? Check device manager and make sure you don't
have any yellow triangles warning you that something is wrong with a
particular device.

How much hard drive space do you have available, are you running out of
space, which would limit your swap file size? Clean out your temp folder.
First look in \winnt\temp but most of the temp files will be found in
\documents and settings\whatever user you're logged in as\local settings\temp.

Try setting your swap file to a fixed amount = 350 megs. Then open <My
Computer> select your C drive ..right click and using the context sensitive
menu select Properties.....select the tools tab...click Error Checking
..<Check Now>.....put a check in both boxes. Windows will tell you it will
schedule this for your next boot. Click OK and reboot. Windows will perform
the check and attempt to fix any errors. When you get back on the desktop

This isn't related to your problem, but for 10 or 15 US dollars you can add
another 128 megs of RAM for a total of 256 megs. The performance increase
will be exponential.  Under Windows 2000 or XP this is the best bang for
the buck upgrade you will ever perform.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

>Hi,
>        This is my first post, as I just joined.
>My problem:
>        I run Windows 2000 Pro. I have a 1.2G machine, with 128Megs of memory,
>20G hard drive.  My computer has been freezing up recently.  Some of the
>programs that I know freeze the computer are: Adobe Imageready(7.0) at
>the logo screen when loading plugins, any shockwave game(I have the
>latests installer of shockwave), Ulead Photo Explorer, which will not
>load past the logo either. Also Netscape 7.1 at several sites(might be a
>shockwave plugin).  I have installed the pluging to and it says it is
>enabled.  Ok, now when I go to the Event Viewer in my administrative
>tools I see these errors under application log:
>Perfdisk- event ID=2001 Description= Unable to read the disk performance
>information from the system...............Status code returned from the
>system is DWORD 0
>USERENV-event ID=1000  Description= Windows cannot load your registry
>file. If you have a roaming file your settings are not replicated.
>Access denied  build number 2195.
>I have tried several things to fix this, but none of them work.
>Acutally when I look for the registry entry for perdisk I can't even
>find it at all.
>I am fairly good at computers but I am not by any means an expert so a
>lot of this error code stuff is above me.
>Please help if you can.
>Thankyou,
>Pam

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: