Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2006 15:18:22 -0700
On 2 Aug 2006 at 9:05, em zirek wrote:

> Does that mean that all receivers don't see his name? or is it that no
> one else sees his name?- I thought it was the latter- Shouldn't he see
> his own name in the "to" field?- I thought the Bcc was so that
> everyone who gets a copy thinks it is ONLY for them-

 The visible message looks the same to all recipients.  If it's addressed to
Fred, everyone sees it addressed to Fred.  If it's Cc'd to Barney, everyone
sees it Cc'd to Barney -- including Fred and Barney.

  If it's Bcc'd to Wilma and Betty, each of them sees it addressed to Fred
and Cc'd to Barney.  Depending on the email client used to send it, Wilma
and Betty *might* see that it was Bcc'd to them, but there's no guarantee
that they will.  And even if Wilma sees that she was Bcc'd. she may or may
not see that Betty was also Bcc'd.  (Fred and Barney will *never* see that
Wilma and Betty were Bcc'd.)

  [This was a bit easier to visualize with paper mail.  Everybody's paper
copy looks the same, with the To: address at the top and the Cc: list at the
bottom; if the Bcc: list was on it, it would no longer *be* a Bcc.]

David Gillett

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>