Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 08:29:41 -0800
I've used Norton System Works (no firewall) for several years without any
problems. I don't like the 'Cleansweep' portion of it tracking all the
program installations and I deactivate that feature and rely upon Windows
for that. At one time I installed Zone Alarm as a firewall and there were
conflicts between the two. I had to uninstall both and that was a major
headache since they both totally permeate the file systems and the registry.
I got a router to act as a firewall and reinstalled Norton System Works. I
have not had any problems since then on all three of my computers and I like
the added features (except the program install tracking function of
'Cleansweep') such as 'Ghost', the automatic disk defragger, the system and
hard disk check up and repair functions, the automatic disk clean up, the
automatic AV protection, automatic updates, etc. There is an annual renewal
fee, but that is nominal.

I think it depends on your personal experience and what you want from the
products. I also use 'Ad Aware' and 'Spybot Search and Destroy' automatic
functions to keep my computers free of adware and spyware. They often stop
web pages from loading, but that is their job. I also use 'Pop Up Stopper'
to automatically block Pop Ups and Pop Unders. It does a good job, but once
in a while something will get by it. It stops some desired links, but that
can be bypassed by holding down the 'Ctrl' key while clicking on the link.
With these other programs automatically running, I don't consider it
necessary to have the added outbound protection of Zone Alarm (based on MY
past bad experience with it) even though I have Broadband with LAN and one
computer on all the time.

I have been fortunate never to have any viruses, trojans, worms, etc. invade
my computers although, over the years, a number of them have been blocked. I
think my checking for virus updates at least daily is a big part of it.

Tom Mayer