Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 07:57:00 -0700
Greetz! Travis,

At 08:04 PM 6/1/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Could anyone offer any light on this problem, I am losing my setting in
>my Bios no apparent reason have not installed anything new I have been
>told that the PC battery controls the Bios settings and if the battery
>is getting weak then the setting could change could anybody confirm this
>and if its the case is there anyway to test the battery other than
>taking the pc apart thank you for any solutions.

  The problem you are exhibiting happens when the battery is weak, Battery
loosing power, the connections to the better are loose or frail, the CMOS
chip is not connecting the connection correctly, and also can be a crack in
the motherboard near the battery. In most cases in my experience it is the
motherboard problem.

 First I would remove the CMOS chip and clean the connections, reinsert the
chip and change the settings. Leave the computer on for about 2 hours. Turn
the computer off for about a half an hour. Then turn it on and see if the
settings have been changed.  If this does not work, replace the battery. If
replacing the battery does not work, replace the motherboard.

Good luck,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]