Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 14:36:00 -0400
 We are a public library wanting to lockdown features by graying out
certain boxes so our patrons can't get in and browse the network. Here's
what I found:

1. We will be using the Print Preview button instead of the print button
on the toolbar but when a patron uses Print Preview they can go to page
setup-printer-network
and browse the network. {they only can look across to the staff segment
and shouldn't be able to do anything, but we want the temptation to be
"grayed out" :-)

2. View-privacy report gets to the IE6 settings {like to gray this out
also}
3. help-contents and index-options-internet options {like to gray out}
both 2&3 a patron can potentially change the IE settings even if for the
session they can still uncheck the file download and install on demand
on the current session, and we don't want to be able to take this risk.

On the IE 6.0 IEAK toolkit I don't see anything that'll let you gray out
boxes within the browser. And the customization tools aren't more than
customizing them while you are in the browser {it even says in the help
files the way of customizing the security settings is the same within
the toolkit or the browser itself} and saving the settings. We lock down
one PC this way and then create an image of it with all the
configuration changes {autocomplete off, no passwords, etc}from Norton
Ghost 6.0 and put it on the public server to download the image to
several other PC's with 4 specific public usernames. We're running
Novell 4.11. The person who originally set this up {consultant to the
city government}used Novell's lockdown features {that's a reason not to
use IEAK because it may cancel Novell's lockdown features???}
The real question here is if there are any OS registry settings I can
add or change to gray out these boxes that are in IE6?
 Thanks much. I am learning as I go.

Thomas S. Cole

                       http://freepctech.com/rode