Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:00:49 -0700
Actually, AVAST is an antiVIRUS program, not antiSPYWARE.  Also,
Spybot IS an anti-spyware program, as it searches for and removes
spyware.

I think you need to schedule a boot-time scan with your anti-spyware
program so that it scans for problems before any other services start
up and lock those files.
It would also be wise to schedule a boot-time scan with your
anti-virus program (although not at the same time as the spyware
scan.)

Tony Mayer

>Carol's post(clipped)
>
><<< I got an odd report from it.  It said there was
>one
>item it couldn't remove, because another program was using it, but after that,
>it
>also said the scan was successful.>>>
>
>The "another program" could be AVAST which will run in the
>background if you have the "resident protection" feature on. this is
>one of the many problems (usage of extra system resources is another
>major problem) in using multiple antispyware programs though very
>technically spybot is not an antispyware program.
>
>i would suggest in future you "terminate" the "resident protection"
>feature in avast before you scan with spybot and enable the feature
>later.
>

><<< Do you think I still have a problem?  Is there a better scan I
>can do to try and
>determine what Spybot was seeing?>>>
>
>Since you have taken care of the more serious credit card problem
>perhaps the only thing for you to do now is to wait and see if your
>system behaves funnilly and run regular scans. other list members
>may give more suggestions.
>
><<< I got the
>message that I had no modem. >>>
>
>did you reboot prior to this after scan with spybot?.if so this
>could be one of those inexplicable "detection" problem which happens
>occasionaly under such circumstances.
>
>FWIW and have a nice day----Venkat Viswanathan

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml