Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jeffrey Ottie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:53:26 -0500
Good Evening All (GMT -5),

While performing routine operating system and application software
maintenance on a friend's computer the other day, Ad-aware 5.62 (using the
latest Reference file 142-24.11.2001) detected an ALEXA key @
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\internet
explorer\extensions\{c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a}\ .

This surprised me since we're very careful to not knowingly install software
that contains any form of spyware.

Before this discovery, regularly scheduled scans of this machine during the
past year or more using Ad-aware (and at one time Steve Gibson's OptOut)
have always shown the system's files, folders and registry to be clean.

What is ALEXA, what is its designed to do and just how might it have found
its' way to this computer?

The machine is running Windows 98 SE with Internet Explorer 6.0, Outlook
Express 6.0 and all recommended critical updates.

As always, thanks in advance for your help  `~^ )  .

--
Jeffrey Ottie

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml