Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:16:17 -0500
I've had some experience with those old cd rom drives which
plug into the sound card interface instead of the IDE. The drivers,
etc. are loaded from lines in autoexec.bat and config.sys.
I believe there is a parameter there which specifies the drive
letter assignment. You could make backup copies of those files and
try changing the drive letter that way, (you'll need the cd rom
manual to know which parameter to change. I don't remember and don't
want to remember).

The problems you're having with some disks won't read are more likely
caused by the age and/or the speed of the drive.
If you have a spare IDE connection and spare cash you might look into
a new drive and be done with it. Otherwise, you might try cleaning
the lens.
Larry Hooper

catherine williamson wrote:

> I guess there's really no good reason why the CD
> must be D: drive. The reason I asked was because
> the CD drive was acting strange, sometimes
> reading my disks, sometimes not. I thought it had
> something to do with the fact that the drive
> letter didn't change after my second HD was
> removed.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com