Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"K.A.W. • D.R." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 19:23:44 -0800
Pete Kettelkamp wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm hoping some of you will share your experiences with Windows 95
> trouble shooting books. I'm looking for a good reference that doesn't
> rehash all the basic "how-to use Win 95" stuff. I really need a book
> that discusses PROBLEMS and how-to solve them.

The best book I've ever seen on DOS, which both asked and *answered*
"real" questions and solved problems that NONE of the other books did,
(despite their flashy "free" CD's with everything but the kitchen
sink),  is:

"Peter Norton's Complete Guide to DOS 6.22" ~
  Peter Norton / Paperback / Published 1994/.
        6th Edition
 Paperback, 1150 pages
 Published by Sams Publishing
 Publication date: December 1, 1994
 Dimensions (in inches): 9.10 x 7.35 x 2.16
  ISBN: 067230614X

OK, you didn't ask about DOS, but that book was the ONLY one of five
that
mentioned, e.g., "SYS C:" - and I'm sure you know how important that is!

When I buy my next book on Win95, based on that experience, it will be:

"Peter Norton's Complete Guide to Windows 95" ~
  Peter Norton, John Mueller / Paperback / Published 1997
        2 Edition , List: 35.00
 Paperback, 1124 pages
  Published by Sams Publishing
  Publication date: March 1, 1997
  Dimensions (in inches): 9.05 x 7.35 x 2.14
    ISBN: 0672310406

I noticed that upcoming soon is:

 Complete Guide to Windows 98 (Is this guy thinking ahead, or what?)
by Peter Norton, John Mueller
 List: $29.99 (may be released by now)
  Paperback, 900 pages
  Published by Sams Publishing
   Publication date: December 1, 1997 (delayed)
  ISBN: 0672312301

FWIW, I'm not on Norton's payroll and am still very angry at Symantec
for the premature release of a very buggy Norton Utilities 2.0, which
made hash out of my hard drive, but Norton and Mueller write very very
informative books!

There's another, even more "techie", guys: (Haven't seen this one yet),
 Peter Norton's Complete Guide to Windows 9X, Third Edition
  by Peter Norton (this might be an update of the previous one)
  List: $35.00  Availability: hard to get according to sellers
 Paperback, 1200 pages
  Published by Sams Publishing
  Publication date: December 1, 1997