Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:32:36 -0700
The problem is most likely not Avast but rather Microsoft Security.  Avast might not particpate in the MS Security settings see:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883792

I would follow the instructions to turn off the alert as follows from the same KBase article.

Q: Will I be forced to use certain third-party antivirus or firewall software? Can I use software that is not detected by Windows Security Center?

A: You are not required to use an antivirus or firewall software program that is compliant with Windows Security Center. If you use software that is not detectable, you may select Windows Security Center options that let you monitor your security status on your own. This scenario causes a “yellow” caution state, but you will not receive messages that prompt you to change your configuration. If you prefer not to be alerted in any circumstance, you can turn off all notifications.

To turn off all notifications, follow these steps:
1.Click Start, click Run, type wscui.cpl, and then click OK. 2.In the Resources area, click Change the way Security Center alerts me. 3.Click to clear the following check boxes: •Firewall•Automatic Updates•Virus Protection4.Click OK.
Bruce Jarrett-Norton
Tracey Buhrig <[log in to unmask]> wrote:I have a gateway laptop computer running winxp home edition with 512
ram and a 40g hard drive.

My Avast will not update automatically. When my computer comes up after
being off microsoft tells me my virus protection is out of date, I
update it and it still does it a day or 2 later.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Tracey

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0442-3, 10/15/2004
Tested on: 10/17/2004 8:27:59 AM

http://freepctech.com/rode

Bruce Jarrett-Norton

Have a good day!