Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 10:06:36 -0800
On 2 Feb 2007 at 9:51, Linda Crawford wrote:

> When I turn my computer on (XP Home) a sign comes up that says
> "Windows Defender--Application failed OX800106ba. A procedure caused
> it to stop." There is a bit more writing.. What do I do to get rid of
> this sign, do I need Windows Defender? I use Spybot and Ad-Aware.

  I don't know that I've ever had Windows Defender find and fix anything
yet, but I manage to keep my machines pretty clean and also use a couple of
other tools.  But it's free, and if I got rid of it and got infected by
something it would have caught, I would feel kind of foolish.

  It does seem, though, that about every 3-4 months, it encounters some kind
of issue, where it can't or won't start (as you describe above), or some
definition update won't install.  When that happens, I uninstall it (via
Add/Remove Programs) and download and install a fresh copy.  That might be
overkill. but it has always resolved the issue so far.

David Gillett

                       http://freepctech.com/rode