Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 13:24:46 -0500
Roy Schriftman, MS, MBA wrote:

> Window 95 uses disk caching as a built-in feature. Therefore, when you save
> any file the file is written to the disk cache and not to the disk drive.

I don't believe that's exactly true.  The disk cache is mainly used
by windows for storing frequently used DLLs, TMPs, and other such
"housekeeping" files.  A USER/DATA file will probably pass through
the cache -momentarily- but it does not stay there.

When you issue a file save command within an application, the file is
saved to the disk.  Excluding database programs... the original (master)
version of a file always "lives" on the disk.  The current version
(working copy) "lives" in RAM.

If you have a file loaded into RAM and then hit the power switch,
all the new data will be lost, but the original file is still safe
on the disk.

If you shut off the power to the computer without shutting down windows,
you will prevent windows from performing it's housekeeping routines, and
you will truncate and/or orphan a lot of -=temporary=- files, but I
really doubt that it would require a reinstall of windows.

--
Jim Meagher
=====