Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 16:37:36 -0500
Hi Terry,

When you say background photo,do you mean your desktop?
Also, what is "my icon start page"?

Anyway,assuming you mean "wallpaper",you have a couple of options:
My first preference would be to run a good anti-malware program,
like some of the more wellknown ones,like:
Ad-Aware   http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php
or Spybot S&D   http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Use it carefully.Don't necessarily delete everything it finds.

Another approach is to delete the photo.
A desktop background is often loaded from  C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
You can either navigate to this folder or go to Start > Run and put the path in
the box,either by typing it or by Copy&Paste.
This folder contains your desktop backgrounds.
However, having said that,a background or wallpaper can be loaded from any
location on your computer as well as from external sources if you have an
"always-on"internet connection.
If you find the picture in the Wallpaper folder,you can delete it.
It may come back,depending if the script or program that put it there,
still exists on your computer.
That's why I recommended to do the scan.

There is another area to check:
Display Properties - at least 2 ways to get there:
1.Control Panel > Display
2.R-click the Desktop > Properties
Select the Desktop tab,once there click the "Customize Desktop" button.
Click the "Web" tab.See if an unwanted webpage is listed and/or checked.
If so,untick and delete.

I think the above will go a long way in getting rid of your "pest".

PS,above descriptions are related to Win XP.

Peter.