Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 06:32:04 -0400
Hello all!

Below is a description of a copy failure that has occurred twice now between
2 NT 4.0 (sp4) machines (all Dells - Optiplex variety). This takes place
over a 10baseT peer to peer network. My client is justifiably scared. If you
need any more information, please let me know. Any ideas would be
appreciated!

Thanks!

When I do the backup each night I copy to Pamela's computer (file called POS
Backup) and onto a zip.  Before I copy I go to each of these folders and
delete the previous backup.  I then go to the server and copy POS - then I
go first to Pamela's computer and paste, after this I paste to the zip.

First time we encountered any problem was 3/29 - I went to access Fox in the
morning and had error message 'startup.prg' does not exist. There were
several files missing that I needed to run Fox.   Pamela and I looked on the
Server POS file and the zip backup - none of these files were in either
folder.  We then looked on Pamela's POS Backup and the missing files were
here.  We copied these files back to the Server - then Fox ran fine.  The
Server and Zip had only 393 files, while Pamela's POS Backup had 611 files.

I did the backup the same as I always do the previous evening.  We had some
power blips that day, but we have the UPS backup battery so the Server
didn't seem to be affected.

Since this first problem I have changed the backup procedure somewhat - I
check the # of files on POS before and after copying.  I copy and paste to
Pamela's then get out check Pamela's POS backup and the server POS file to
make sure # of files agree.  I then copy the Server POS file and go the Zip
and paste.

On 4/27 we had another problem.  I did the backup to Pamela's, checked for #
files then I went to check Server POS for # files and then copy to zip.  The
POS file was gone.  It was not in the recycle bin - we could not find it on
the Server at all.  This time the whole POS folder was gone.  I know I did
everything the same way as usual.  There is no confusing copy, move, delete.

Will Stephenson
Call Center Manager
AcadiaNet
mailto:[log in to unmask]