Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 02:21:53 -0500
From: "Steven Goodstien" :Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2000 9:36 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Task Bar

> Could anyone tell me  how to get rid of programs on the right side of my
task
> bar as the are drains my performance. With all the programs running all I
get
> is 46%.
>
> Steven Goodstien
> Miami FL

Steven,

If you are running Win98 you can use the msconfig utility.  Go to "Start"
select "Run", type "msconfig" in the run box (without the quotes) and click
"OK".  This opens up the "System Configuration Utility", select the
"Startup" tab.  You can then select the programs that you do not want to
load at startup by unchecking the box.  Also check the program, some
programs let you specify whether they will load at startup or not.

Other places to look for programs that load at startup are the Win.ini,
check the load and run lines, and the registry.  The keys to look for in the
registry are:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce

Make sure that if you are going to edit the registry that you have made a
backup copy and know how to restore if there is problem getting back into
windows.

Mary Wolden

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>