Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Sylvie De Roy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 16:20:15 -0500
Greetings to all fellow listers.  This is my first time posting.

On Tuesday October 27, I downloaded and installed Windows NT4 Service Pack
4 - 128-bit North-American version (Workstation).  Since then I have been
experiencing the following problems:

1.  After selecting "Shut Down The Computer" from the shut-down menu, a
blinking message box displays the following error:

        WFXmod32.dll : The application failed to execute because the
        system is shutting down.

2. I ran Diskeeper Boot Time Directory Consolidation feature with the
option of running CheckDisk before and after consolidation selected.  But
before Diskeeper started the following message displayed on-screen:

        WARNING! Your HD may be corrupted.  Please run checkdisk or you
        may lose data.

I simply chose to let Diskeeper run the show and was then able to access my
log-in screen as usual.  But I admit it was a scary moment.

Has anyone experienced same problems?

I am thinking of uninstalling SP4 and reverting to SP3, but after reading
Section 2.3/Service Pack Uninstall in the SP4 Readme file, I believe I
would need a lucky star and a lucky day to do so since SP4 modifies the
Security Account Manager (SAM) database and the Security database such that
older versions of specific .dll files and Winlogon.exe no longer recognize
the database structure and the uninstall process of SP4 does not restore
these specific files.  To me that spells trouble.

Any advice would be most appreciated.  I sincerely regret having upgraded
to SP4.

SYSTEM SPECS
Motherboard: ASUS P55T2P4, 512K Cache, HX chipset
RAM: 128Mb EDO DRAM
Video display: Matrox Millennium 11 - 8Mb WRAM
Processor: Intel Pentium 150Mhz
Modem: US Robotics 33.6 internal

SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS
Windows NT4 Workstation
Corel Word Perfect 7.0
Corel Draw 7
MS Office Pro 95
Winfax Pro, version 8
Diskeeper, version 3
McAfee VirusScan for NT Workstation (engine version 3.2.0) with the latest
DAT file

Sylvie De Roy
Montreal - CANADA

                                  -----