Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 12:26:48 -0500
Sue,

I also run WME, and recently changed monitors, and although most common drivers are in the windows .cab files, some of them may be located elsewhere. (usually C:WINDOWS\OPTIONS\INSTALL) However, in dealing with WME for this long, and realizing that most people do not care for it, it has been running flawlessly for just about a year now. If your OS has been corrupted by the bugbear virus, it may be to your advantage to completely reformat your machine with a clean install of WME, and install NAV before any other program, get all the necessary updates, then go to the Windows Update site and get Windows updated. This is where I found an updated driver for this monitor. (KDS Visual Sensations 17") That seemed to do the trick for me, and have had no funny little glitches.

The other programs you are running for spybots and addwear do work well, and I run them both, but I also run spywear blaster and the free edition of pop up stopper, the only catch seems to be that sometimes redirects are treated as popups, so if you get redirected, you may need to disable pop up stopper and try again.

My two cents, HTH....

Dean Kiley
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: sue
  Subject: [PCSOFT] Screen Resolution in WinMe

  Right clicked on the Desktop/Properties.
  Colors was set at 16 colors--screen area at 640x480
  I selected 256 colors and screen resolution of 800x600
  I hit APPLY, and immediately a message came saying Windows had to be
  restarted.    I did not have the option of hitting OK after the APPLY button.

  Restarted window and settings were back to 16 colors and screen area of
  640x480.
  Tried various other settings of color and screen area size--with the same
  result.   Nothing I selected would stick and I thought it was because I was
  not able to hit the OK button also.

  Then,  downloaded the W32Bugbear removal tool from Symantec web site,
  disabled System Restore.  Rebooted.  Rebooted a second time.    Ran the
  BugBear removal tool and it indicated no Bugbear virus was
  found.    Rebooted.   Then enabled System Restore and rebooted. Tried
  changing resolution/color again with the same result.

  I am purchasing Norton AntiVirus for her and will install it, but feel the
  machine is probably pretty clean after finding only 1 virus with the online
  scanner.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>