Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2010 10:33:40 -0500
There are several issues that you might have to deal with.

If the software is licensed to be loaded just once, then, if you try to
load it again, you may not be able to, and  you may have to purchase a
new copy.  (I purchased new copies of Norton Internet 2010 and dropped
Windows Office for the free Open Office.)

Your drivers may not work under W7.  (For example, when I "upgraded" to
Vista, I discovered that I could not get Vista drivers for my HP 1250 (I
think that was the model number) color ink-jet printer.  HP was not
going to support that printer on Vista, even though it was only a few
years old.  The point is that if you have some older hardware
peripherals, they might not work with W7, because you might not be able
to get drivers.)

If you are using Outlook Express as your current email program, it does
not come with W7.  You can get it along with a bunch of other stuff
provided you agree to a very long license that includes scary words like
"indemnify and hold harmless," if I recall correctly.  (I would not
agree to that license, so I switched to Thunderbird and am undergoing a
learning process on how to use it.)

I'm not saying this to discourage you, but only to let you know that
there are some possible pitfalls that you need to check into in order to
avoid unpleasant surprises!

Dean Kukral

On 6/9/2010 12:33 PM, Reggkay wrote:
> I'm looking to upgrade my computer in the next 6 months.  However, I
> don't want to have to upgrade all my software.  Everything is running
> right now under Windows XP Pro.  How do I tell if my current software
> will work on Windows 7?  Do I want to upgrade the operating system or
> can I still get XP Pro on a new computer?  Thanks in advance for your
> help.
> Regina Long

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml