Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:54:32 -0500
Greetings--
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Citkowitz" <[log in to unmask]>

<somewhere in your c: drive you should have all the windows install files.
In these type of situations where the vendor opts to install an oem version
of win98, the files are often stored in c:\windows\options\cabs\win98.>

How do such vendors expect you to restore the system if a reformat is required? Does Dell
provide a system/drivers disk?

Often, vendors (IBM, Gateway, Dell, and others) do provide a system restore
disk.  In my own experience with an IBM Aptiva purchased for my parents, it
was necessary to restore the system.  The system restore disk was basically a
bootable CD with an image of the hard disk with Win98 installed (complete
with the cabs in C:\Windows\Options\Cabs) which was designed to format the
hard disk then clone the drive image.  All did not go as intended, and it was
necessary for me to fdisk and reformat the drive using a Win98 startup disk before
a clean 'image transfer' was achieved.

Bottom line . . . Usually vendors will include some sort of system restore CD,
but this will only get you to "square one", as it were.  Any data you may have
created, saved, etc., will be lost, as will any OS updates, patches, etc.

Just my $.02

Paul A. Shippert

---