Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2009 05:21:06 -0800
Hello,

I am not familiar with applications which do this, but I am aware that
OpenDNS offers this as a free service on the web. With their service you
are able to configure "filters" for the types of content that you wish
to avoid, and it prevents your browser from connecting to any site of
that type.

It works by replacing your present DNS server [domain name service] with
their DNS server, which does the job of looking up the ip addresses of
sites you wish to surf to with the web sites domain name. They routinely
update their lists of what kind of content exists on each domain name so
they can provide up to date protection.

I am providing a link to their Home User start page below -

<http://www.opendns.com/homenetwork/solutions>

I have never tried their service myself, so I am uncertain about how
fine grained their access control filters are, but I have seen many
people recomment their service. In the case that you find you want even
more control over which sites you want rejected, you can use a hosts
file and configure it on a site by site basis. This is the method I use,
and you can download a ready made hosts file from the Microsoft MVP web
site in the next link.

<https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/>

This file as it is configured when you first download it from them will
block quite a lot of sites, even some you may not want blocked. This was
the case for me, as when I first got it, it was actually set to block
the Microsoft ad servers, which breaks Windows Live Messenger's [and any
other MSN Messenger compatible chat client's] ability to connect for
some reason.

Since it is only a normal text file, it is very easy to edit with any
text editor to make changes you require. It also includes comments which
identify sections such as the [Microsoft via MSN Ad Servers] section,
which I had to remove to get Windows Live Messenger working again. It
also blocks the Google Adsense servers which I use to display ads on my
web sites to earn money, so I had to remove that section as well, so I
could see the ads on my sites.

It blocks many servers which serve up malware, and most of the blocked
servers have comments near their entries in the hosts file, which
identifies the specific malware they are serving, so you can also use
the hosts file to learn more about which servers are being run by the
bad guys. They also update their version of the hosts file on a regular
basis.

One other problem I noted with their hosts file is that they do not have
the default line at the top of it that are used by my Ubuntu Linux
operating system to configure Ubuntu's local-host settings which is
needed to connect to services within the operating system itself. I had
to add them myself again to regain the lost functionality after I
discovered this.

Since the Microsoft MVPs are mainly interested in Windows Operating
systems, all of the instructions on the above linked page refer to the
use of the hosts file with Windows operating systems.

I hope I have helped you find a solution that is amenable to you and
your needs.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows