Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:40:24 +1000
Loy wrote:
>Still, there are quite a few icons.>>

Expanding on Peter's suggestion about making a new toolbar, I find the
easiest way to do this and clean up your desktop at the same time is this:

1. Make a new folder on the desktop.
2. Drag as many shortcuts into it as you wish (programs, files, or folders,
whatever you like).
3. Drag the new folder right off the side of the screen and drop it. It
will then appear down the side of the screen as a new toolbar with all the
shortcuts named and visible.
4. Resize its width if you want to by positioning the mouse over its side
margin and dragging to fit.
5. Right click an empty space on the new toolbar and tick autohide. Also
tick show text and show title. You can also tick "Always on top" if you
want it to appear over any other open windows (I don't do this). Left Click
away on the desktop and the toolbar will disappear. After that, it should
just appear and disappear automatically with the mouse position.
6. It will re-appear at will whenever you slide the mouse to that side of
the screen.  You can then single-click any icon to open that item.
7. You could even have separate toolbars at each side and top of the screen
if you wanted.
8. Try dragging the "My computer" desktop folder off the left side of the
screen. It will give you easier access to your drives. Set it the same way
as above.

I find this is an ideal single-click launch bar for all my most-used
desktop items, while at the same time keeping my desktop simple and
uncluttered. It's far superior to the standard quicklaunch bar which sits
in the taskbar because (a) it shows the names of icons (b) it doesn't use
up valuable taskbar space.

Don Penlington

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!