Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 08:12:10 -0700
On 9 May 2003, at 19:30, Norman Ushijima wrote:

>    I've gone into display properties/settings to change the size but the
> slider for screen size is locked on the minimum setting of 640 X 480.  My
> setting before the re-install was 800 X 600. (The color selection menu
> next to the slider offers only 16 or 2 colors.)  Tried updating the
> drivers and also using safe mode to try to make the change.

  This almost certainly indicates that you are running with the default VGA
driver, rather than one for your specific video card.  This is the only
driver ever used in Safe Mode -- you cannot change video drivers
successfully from there.

  You haven't specified what your video card is; Windows will also fall back
to the default VGA driver if it appears that the driver you've
selected/installed doesn't match the video hardware, or fails to load
correctly.  The driver files might be corrupted, or for a newer version of
the video card, or for some different card altogether.

David Gillett