Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:02:03 -0500
Most web graphics are "bitmaps" ".bmp" is the bitmap file format that
Windows uses, but most web bitmaps are .jpg or .png.
The other principler graphics format is vector, such as used by Adobe
Illustrator.
You can read all about b itmapped graphics here:
http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/mxr/gfx/2d-hi.html

IE 6.0 usually gives you a choice to save bitmaps in .bmp or .jpg format.
This is a known problem in IE and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base
Article - 810978
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

This may be caused by a damaged Active X control, and the fix involves
deleting the temporary Internet files and some other wacky MS workarounds.
(See the KB article for details.)
**********************

<<When I try to right click on a graphic to save it ....
 > it saves it as a bitmap item without giving me the choice for JPG for
example>>

In my experience, IE saves graphics in whatever form they are originally.
But practically no website would place bitmaps on their site, as they are
usually far too large.

Check the size of the pix you are copying. Chances are, they are really
.jpg's, perhaps they are just getting wrongly labelled.  Bitmaps would
generally take ages to download, they would typically be well over 200 kb
in size, whereas a comparable .jpg would be around 20-30 Kb, depending on
the nature of the pix you are downloading.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>