Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 16:35:30 -0500
Stan Casey wrote:

> All DLL's should be in either the system directory or the application
> directory.
> You can safely remove any in the windows directory as long as they are in
> the system directory.

ONLY if they are -=EXACT=- duplicates.  There are some programmers that
don't like to follow the rules and will modify a standard DLL to suit
thier needs.  Of course, if they have done that, then they -should- have
installed the DLL into the applications directory and kept it away from
the system in general.  But... since they don't follow the rules to
begin with.... why expect them to be considerate and keep thier stuff
isolated.....

Anyway, the bottom line here is:  if it's an -=EXACT=- duplicate
go ahead and delete one (my vote is to leave/put them in the SYSTEM
folder).

If it's not an exact match, put the older one in a reserved folder
for 3-4 weeks.  If no programs whine and cry for it, then dump it.

--
Jim Meagher
=====