Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Linda Pulliam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 22:34:47 -0500
I used K9 for a few days. I liked it, but not as well as Firetrust's
MailWasher. I prefer a client that deletes spam without importing it in
any form. I like that K9 will learn and mark Spam so that one can set up
a filter to send it to the trash folder. With the quantity of spam
currently arriving, it will take a very long time to learn. I guess I
was just impatient since I already was successfully using MailWasher.
One also needs to be aware that you must reconfigure your POP settings
(not really that difficult) in order to use it. Another feature that I
prefer about Mailwasher is that it seems easier to set up filters to
block whole domains rather than each individual address.

Linda Pulliam

Orf Bartrop wrote:

> If it works as described it should be an excellent SPAM blocker. Perhaps
> someone who actually uses K9 could comment.
>
> Orf Bartrop
>
> Ron Jobe wrote:
>
>> Fred Langa reported on a free Bayesian filter called K9.  I've not
>> tried it,
>> so can't say anything about it.  Read the LangaList report here:
>> http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2003/2003-05-05.htm#3
>> Get it from http://www.keir.net/k9.html
>> Bayesian spam filters are supposed to (1) rate each email on a
>> statistical
>> probability of the message being unwanted and (2) learns from its
>> mistakes
>> and recognized what you consider as unwanted.
>> HTH
>> Ron Jobe
>>

>             PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download
>                     visit our download web page at:
>                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml