Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:00:33 -0700
Yes, with the right encoder, BUT it will never look as good as if you did
it the right way to start. This is particularly true if you are planning on
doing any other editing.

In answer to you other question regarding video cards for video editing,
any modern video card is good enough for video editing. My media box uses a
Matrox G450 32 MB dual head with a P4 3.4Ghz processor. I still think
Matrox makes the best 2D, and TV Out card, and drivers.

The only performance issues you are going to have with modern video cards
is with 3D CAD, or games. I have a ATI 9600 128MB PRO All in Wonder dual
head video card, on a Dual Xeon 3.06, with 4GB DDR400, and 10K Raptor hard
drives. Last week I was playing Doom III on it, and was surprised, on a few
occasions, when the redraw slowed down.

When playing the game I am barely at 40 percent CPU. The Game rates my card
as a medium level card. I was playing at 1024X768 32bit color at 85Hz. On a
game... it is the video card that counts,  and this is what is driving the
industry.

A capture card is a different matter, as the quality of the capture is
going to depend on the chip, and equally on the drivers. Unfortunately,
Matrox has withdrawn from the consumer level video capture market. ATI is
currently dominating the retail video capture, and TV tuner market. ATI
makes a good product, and very full featured drivers. However, their
drivers and appellants can often be troublesome.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/

At 03:04 PM 7/26/2005, you wrote:
>I just got myself into another video capture problem. While capturing from
>tape, I accidentally set the capture format as 16:9 ratio when the source
>was actually the 4:3 ratio. Although I can recapture the tape with correct
>settings, this has become a learning adventure. Is there a way to re-encode
>the file to have a 4:3 ratio? I tried it with Nero, Ulead, and Pinnacle but
>the output remains the same - vertically squashed display!
>
>Thanks.
>Peter

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml