Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Clemence <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 2014 09:54:14 +0000
Hi Mary, Paul and Jacob,
Thank you very much for your response to my query. With your advice I
should now be able to locate the files I want from my back-up hard-drive.
I was also trying to avoid accessing all programs via "my microsoft
account" on my new win 8.1 laptop. Firstly, I don't think that I have a
microsoft account and secondly I am used to accessing any progam I want
by clicking on the desktop, I can then close said programs by clicking
on the "cross" on top right corner..
I am now using this method and have installed open office, thunderbird
and firefox but I will need to find other open source programs for my
photo's and music, (thanks to some more advice from this site I have now
installed picasa). It sounds like I have been a little careless when
downloading some less well known programs, (solitaire games and
restoring start button for win 8) and have gained some questionable
software as well. I have only had this laptop for a couple of weeks and
have not backed-up or set a restore point so I am wondering if it might
be better if I tried to do a "factory re-set" and start over with a
little more caution. I am assuming a factory reset will clear any
malware I might have picked up?
Thanks again for your generous help.
Regards,
John.