Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:22:59 +1000
Hass Shato writes:

"Paul Tiwana stated that he followed Don Penlington's tip and succeeded
in fooling GoZilla and prevented it from placing Advert.dll on his
machine.
Well, I followed the same tip (may be not ?) and had no luck, why?
 - I created (with Notepad) a dummy file and named it Advert.dll
 - Saved it to windows\system folder as a "read only" file
 - Then downloaded GoZilla (my first time ever)
 - Unfortunately, GoZilla's real Advert.dll had overwritten my dummy
one

Could any one please tell me where I went wrong ??
many thanks
Hass Shayto"

RESPONSE:

So maybe Gozilla has been reading our correspondence and has wised up?

I don't use Gozilla so can only guess, but try this:

Delete existing advert.dll file, then make up a dummy.  Put a letter in it
so that it's not an empty (Null) file. Then make it read-only and see what
happens.

Gozilla probably recognised the dummy file when it installed, but might not
see it as a dummy after installation.

I can highly recommend Download Accelerator Plus.  It's the only download
accelerator I've found that really does speed up downloads, by seeking and
downloading simultaneously from the 4 fastest mirror sites, or in 4
separate simultaneous packets if there are no mirrors.  Really works, at
least for me, and results in consistently faster download times.

Don Penlington
Visit my Web pages: http://members.xoom.com/donpen.1/
A horrible mixture of fractals, poetry, and free icons.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html