Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
generalstuff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 02:04:10 -0400
I use avast! anti-virus, and recently, with an update, they said they now download webpages through a proxy and if they are "dirty" and they can't clean them, then they block them.  So you don't have to decide what to block, avast! supposedly checks the page before you get it and you only get it if it is okay.  The version of avast! I use is free and it auto-updated with virus signatures daily.

Anna Summers

----- Original Message -----
From: Moms Junk
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] good web filter?

I have been using WE-Blocker for several years - ever since first connecting
to the internet in 2000.  But lately, they are blocking sites that I don't
want blocked (and it is harder to unblock them).  They have added in their
own pop-ups which seem odd (gambling sites from a filter which blocks
gambling sites, among others!) and I'm just getting tired of it.  My
pop-up-stopper can't stop these - they are coming from the filter, from what
I can tell, and it overrides the pop-up-stopper.

Does anybody have a good reliable, free filter program that I can use?
Mostly I want it for blocking porn sites from accidentally being viewed.  I
love being able to set the kids' permissions individually and having a list
of "allowed" and "always block" sites.

Thanks,
Laurie Hand

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: