Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:18:51 -0600
At 10:16 PM 06/25/2000 , Mike Still wrote:
>hi, my name is mike.  I have been having a problem with my computer.  I
>know alot of stuff about computers, but I just can't fix this one.  First
>of all, I have a AST Advantage 486DX-2  50 Mhz  running Win 3.1.
>Sometimes when I am doing something in windows it gives me this message:
>Emm386 has detected error #06 in an application memory address 00B8:0BA9.
>  Then it says that to minimize damage, it will reboot my computer.  It is
>really starting to get on my nerves.  Any help will be greatly
>appreciated.  Post your help or email me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks.

This is typically caused by a timing issue with your ram and the motherboard.

You can try to following to solve this issue:

1)  Check on either AST's web site for a BIOS update or the motherboard
      manufacturer's web site.  Often a Bios update will solve this problem.
2)  If you do not wish to do a Bios update, this can be daunting if you have
      never updated a Bios or you cannot find a Bios update, you can try
      slowing down the timing settings for your Ram in the CMOS settings
      of the Bios.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                     visit our download web page at: