Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 13:24:13 +1200
Judy, there are two issues here.  The first is the appearance of the image on your screen.  Any decent image viewer will enable you to zoom in or out of the image or resize it.

The second issue involves printing the image, which has nothing to do with the size that you see on screen.

I could write pages here but I won't, there's a mountain of information on the Internet on this subject.

Suffice to say that you are probably viewing your monitor right now at a resolution of 600x480 or 800x600 or maybe 1024x 768.  These 'dimensions' are in pixels, or picture elements and are expressed in width by height.

So, at a resolution of 800x600, the width of the picture you see on screen, say your desktop wallpaper, is made up of 800 little bits connected horizontally.

If we assume that you ARE using 800x600, can you see that an image that's 400 pixels wide would fill half of your screen?  And that if you measure this 400 pixel image with a ruler, it'll be just under 8" wide on a 17" monitor.

So, if you can obtain some simple image manipulation software (I'm sure others here will suggest suitable programs) and you resize the image to say, 400 pixels wide, it will fit on a regular sheet of printer paper.  If not, try another size.

(If you ensure that the image keeps it's 'ratio of proportions', and there'll be a box to check for this, the height will automatically be adjusted to suit the width)

I know I've probably oversimplified the whole complex process of image manipulation, but you need to get to grips with this basic concept that with computer images what you see is not necessarily what you get.

One more point, after you resize an image, make sure you 'save it as' and give it a new name, rather than just save it, which will change it.  Then you'll still have your original.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

  At 11:04 PM 8/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:
  >I am using Windows Me which I purchased three years ago.  I have had
  >several people e-mail me photo's which are quit large on my screen and I
  >need to scroll from left to right in order to view it in sections.  I
  >would like to know how to print off the picture so that I can see all of
  >it and not just the portion that shows on my computer screen.
  >Judoney

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>