Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:25:04 -0400
In messages dated Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Anna Summers writes:

>>>Date:    Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:30:47 -0400
From:    generalstuff <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Clipboard no longer accepts images from websites

I have no trouble copying an image alone to the clipboard.  What has changed
is that a section of highlighted text that INCLUDES some images now leaves
out the images.  In the clipboard viewer, you can see that the images are
left out and only the text copied in.  If you look at the clipboard viewer
options, you can see that the html & other options are unselected and greyed
out.  Clipboard has changed.  I would like to get a copy of the fully
functioning clipbrd.exe that I was using before.

Where you would want to paste editable text that includes images would be
into Word (or Wordpad).  I have a feeling it has something to do with the
new, so-called "Trustworthy Computing" wherein MS is trying to force you to
allow internet access for applications, as they say with Longhorn they will
be able to delete things from your computer remotely or even shut your
computer down if they suspect "piracy."

I don't do music or piracy - I just want to copy and paste my
check-images-with-the-bit-of-text again in one easy copy/paste like have
have been doing these past 5 years.

Ann

>>>I have looked at a lot of these, tried many of them.  None clip the text
AS
TEXT and also include any embedded images as images.  All that I have seen
either...

(1) "clip" an IMAGE of the text + images so that the text is not editable,
highlightable, etc. - it isn't text AND images, it is ONLY an IMAGE of the
text + images and only copies what is visible at one time on the screen - no
scrolling copy.  MWSnap is the best of these that I have found and its a
great utility.

or (2) monitor whatever the windows clipboard already does, and since
windows clipboard has had the features I need disabled, well, what I need
never gets to the clipboard in the first place.

What I need is NOT something to MONITOR the Windows Clipboard, but something
to REPLACE it (or an older version of clipbrd.exe).

Microsoft not only didn't ADD any functionality to Clipboard, they TOOK AWAY
functionality.

Anna Summers

>>>When I was able to do the copy/paste, I was using HP's version of XP from
2002.

I reinstalled my OS from a WinXP SP1 CD, in order to get rid of HP's
"crapware" (they sell space on your hard drive to advertisers) and so I
could recover the wasted space from their "recovery" partition and then
partition my primary disk the way I want it partitioned.

I have a lot of protection for my system and don't do Microsoft updates any
more.  I trust them not at all since I found out about their true intentions
with Longhorn.  They keep slipping little pieces of it in.  I think it was
2000 when they first started talking about "Palladium" - but after all the
negative user response, they dropped it (for a while) and now reintroduce
it, calling it "Trusted Computing," hoping users will misinterpret that to
mean trusted for users, more protection for users."  Word 2003 is a
precursor.   I use it, but I don't want it having any direct internet
access - and that's exactly what the change to the clipboard is forcing.

Somewhere along the line clipbrd.exe has been replaced and you can see in
the clipboard viewer that the options for the type of copy/paste (editable
text including images)  I'm talking about have been disabled and greyed out.
Now Word pastes LINKS to images occurring in the text instead of actual
images.  You can force it to paste the image (Ctl+Shift+F9 on each image),
but it has to have direct access to the internet to do this because the
image is no longer in the clipboard.

I'm just trying to find out if I can get a copy of the old, fully functional
clipbrd.exe (and clipsrv.exe) from somewhere.<<<

Anna

I found a few articles on the web that might help you in your case. I wonder
if you have somehow limited the functionality of Word by limiting and/or
restricting how it accesses web pages. One thing I know about MS and its
never-ending patch process; the original intent of the web was for free and
unlimited access in the exchange of information among professionals.
Microsoft based alot of their programs, and subsequently built in tight web
integration for this, on this premise. It is unfortuanate that with
hindsight being 20-20, there wasn't more attention paid to reducing
potential pitfalls associated with this freedom. I don't blame MS for all of
the problems associated with their software, at least initially, because why
place the blame there? The sad truth is there are too many individuals
willing to spend counter-productive time compiling rogue programs to ensure
the counter-productivity of the rest of the world. Hence the security
restrictions and barriers we all must raise to be able to do what should be
freely; exchange information.

This link is to a website that has snippets of code that the author has fond
to be helpful:
http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/356.aspx

I found what may be some useful information in my July 2005 issue of PCWorld
(http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,120783,00.asp) and toward the
bottom of the page there is a link that takes you to the MS website.
The MS KB link is here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897693

HTH

Chris Ryan

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!