Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:16:29 -0800
Nancy wrote:
>I am trying to load some games for my grandchildren and keep getting the =
>following error.
>
>c:\windows\system32\sutoexec.net. The system file is not suitable for run=
>ning MS-DOS and Micrsoft Windows applications. >>

Are you sure that's the correct file name?  A more common problem is with
the Autoexec.nt file.

If that is the case, it is possibly corrupted and needs to be
replaced.  Have a look in the Windows/System32 folder and see if it is
there.  If so, replace it with a copy from the Windows/Repair folder.

Otherwise, you can extract it from your XP installation disk---assuming you
have one--by opening the command Prompt and typing:
expand d:\i386\autoexec.nt c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt

(Assuming d: is your CD-Drive). Sometimes the file may be named
Autoexec.net, as seems to be your case, so play around with the.nt and .net
naming.

Even so, there's a 50/50 chance that those old dos games may or may not
work in XP.

Autoexec.nt is the XP system file which enables 16-bit installation
programs to run (sometimes). Some security patches tend to disable it on
some systems.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml