Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 23:06:04 +1000
Harriett wrote:
>I have spy Sweeper, shouldn't that have caught any  spyware I
>have on here. >>

No single program will be 100% perfect. I regard 3 antispyware programs to
be the minimum.
Best to use one in active protection mode, the others for regular weekly
scans in case your primary one misses something.

I haven't used Spysweeper and have no idea how effective it would be alone.

I use both Winpatrol (see below) and Spyware Terminator in active modes,
and also do regular scans with Ewido, Spybot and AdAware. The latter three
are free and the last two are more or less the industry "standards". But
there are others just as good.

I suggest you download and update Spybot and AdAware and run a scan with
each. Can't do any harm and might do some good. I didn't much care for
Spybot in its active mode though--it's a bit too intrusive for my liking.

Winpatrol will stop anything getting into your startups or changing any
file associations without your permission. It also has a lot of other
useful features. The free version is fine and I highly recommend it.

Of course, much depends on the type of browsing you do and how careful you
are with email attachments.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml