Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 12:49:25 -0500
Back in the Win3.11 days I used a couple different small, simple batch file
programs to start, stop and close programs.  I think that one of the Ziff
Davis mags had such a batch program (?).

I have looked at AutoMate Professional, WinBatch, Visual Dialog Script,
WinBatch, and WinWizard.  They are either too complicated or too expensive
for my simple application needs.

Let me explain what I typically would like to do:

My wife and daughter uses Juno for her Email.  I have a voice modem and use
WinFax Pro running in the background to take phone mail, Faxes etc.
However, Juno is not compliant with Windows standards so that when my wife
or daughter try to start Juno it gives the message that the modem is in use
by another program.  All my other dialing programs will take control and
function normally.

What I would like to do is create a batch program to inquire if WinFax is
running, if so terminate the program, start Juno, when Juno is terminated,
start WinFax again.   I have created the script in WinBatch, but the cost
of $99 for single user is a bit steep for this simple task.

I don't want to consider changing Juno or WinFax programs.  Any experience
with other batch programs or other suggestions?

Doug Simmons
WWW Pager: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/2402199
Saying it with flowers doesn't mean throwing bouquets at yourself.