Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:30:51 -0500
Hi Mike,

I think you're doing pretty good so far.
As to Ad-Aware and setting a System Restore point:Yes,it's a good idea
to leave that ticked.
I know the program does a backup of deleted items as well.
Nevertheless,having a restore point can be very helpful.
Just make sure the System Restore service is enabled.
( R-click My Computer > Properties > System Restore tab and see that it
is not turned off)
BTW, Spybot S&D has the same features.
Actually for all of them you should set a Restore point before any scan
or deletion.

In your case set the Power options to Never for harddisks,standby and
hybernate.
Monitors can be set as required.These options don't prevent Standby or
Hybernate
to be set manually via the Shutdown panel,provided that you tick "Enable
hybernation"
in the Power Options panel > Hybernate tab.

As to Magic Jack - I don't have any experience with it,but it sure looks
interesting.
Be aware though that on a power outage or ISP server outage,you will
have no phone connection
or 911 calls.So a wired landline is advisable for backup.

Peter Ekkerman.

Mike said the following on 03/12/2007 7:22 AM:
> Please excuse my computer language, I am not an experienced computer user.
>
> I run Ad-aware 2007 -- 7.0.2.5 once or twice a week. I have Windows XP with all recent updates. Along with Ad-aware, I use AVG Free Edition, Spybot Search & Destroy, CW Shredder, and Windows Defender, keeping all updated. I have Zone Alarm firewall. I analyze my computer before doing a defrag. Any other advice about my computer maintenance will be appreciated. I want to manage my computer the safest way. Since I am a novice, I'm not always sure if I am doing it right.
>
> After running Ad-aware, there is an option to do a "System Restore Point". Is this a safe thing to do each time I run Ad-aware?
>
> Also, since I keep my computer on at all times, how should I have the power Options set up? Should it be put on Stand-by, turn off hard drives, etc.?
>
> I am investigating a phone service that is connected to my computer so it would have to run at all times. I am looking into a phone service called "Magic Jack". From all that I read, it appears to be an ideal way for me to have a home based phone. Any input about "Magic Jack"?
>
> Thanks to everyone for all your help and information.
>
>              PCSOFT maintains many useful files for download

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml