Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 18 May 2010 22:54:29 -0400
Hi,

Today I have another problem.
I have a disk with 2  different excel files on it.  Created in excel 2000 and only opened and modified , on my win 98 machine.  Disk is accessed every few weeks.  Today I went to the first file  and I got this error in excel--
This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down.  Excel caused invalid page fault in module ms09.dll@017f:308d03a5.  I tried many times to open the file--even gave me file is already oped read only because I tried opening it too quickly.  I even rebooted the machine, renamed the file and put it on the  desktop.  Still got the same error.  The second file on that disk is fine as well as any file I accessed on the network all day
I ran chkdsk, scandisk, and norton on it.  There is nothing funky with permissions or properties.  ANy ideas?  I was able to see it when right clicking for quickview, but even then trying to open it from there to excel, yielded the same errors as me double clicking the file in windows explorer or opening excel first

A:\>dir

 Volume in drive A has no label
 Volume Serial Number is 1A69-1EDA
 Directory of A:\

Ge     XLS       233,472  05-18-10 10:35p ge.xls
Ja      XLS       148,480  05-18-10 10:44p ja.xls
         2 file(s)        381,952 bytes
         0 dir(s)       1,075,200 bytes free

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml