Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Terry Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 13:26:34 -0400
Hello,
Windows 95 crashed on my system a few weeks ago. Reloaded it
and updated to Windows 98 with the help of Dell technicians.

During the boot process I get the following errors:
"Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows or
a Windows application. The Windows Registry or System.ini file
refers to this device file but the device file no longer exists. If you
deleted this file on purpose, try uninstalling the associated
application using its' uninstall or setup program. If you still want
to use the applications association with this device file, try
reinstalling that application to replace the missing file.
vnetsup.vxd
Press a key to continue"

I press the space bar. The same message appears with another
missing file, vredir.vxd.

I press the space bar. The same message appears with another
missing file, dfs.vxd.

After pressing the space bar again the system finishes the boot process
and the Windows desktop appears. All of my applications appear to run ok.
At this point the problem is an annoyance. The system does not boot
without my help. I have learned that vxd files are device drivers. I went to
a web site, http://www.driverguide.com and found one of the missing
files, dfs.vxd. Instructions set to put this file in the Windows\System
folder. I did this and no change at the next bootup.

A suggestion was made to put REM statements in the autoexec.bat file.
I tried this as well. No change at the next bootup. This assumes I created
the REM statements correctly.

Suggestions?
TIA for all help.
Terry

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: