Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:39:48 -0800
I have just received a digest from the group, and therein my problem was addressed by one of the members.  Thank you kindly.

  I wanted to simply clarify that I had indeed run a scan when my Norton/Symantec was working.  It did indeed quarrantine the virus, and that is how I came to understand what virus/worm it was in the first place.

  Because I had then experienced problems with Norton, during the uninstallation, I was given the option of deleting the viruses which were in quarrantine.  I did this, so essentially I do not see that the virus or worm in question could be continuing to do any harm.  My intuition tells me that I am dealing with the corruption it caused, not the entity itself.

  So, therefore, I have quarrantined and then deleted the causative factor.  I have also performed a system restore well before a date when I first got an error message (i.e., "an invalid handle was specified").  I am willing to do a reinstall if that is the only viable option; however, it was recommended I do a "repair installation," whereupon I do not know how to configure my computer to start from the CD-ROM.

  I am also willing to do a regular reinstall, but I first must back-up everything as long as I have been lucky enough to get it to boot (that is what the problem is, you have problems booting up) . . . but I am scrambling to figure out how to do that as well.  I have to quickly figure out if I must buy a zip drive or what have you since apparently I cannot do it on CD's as I thought, but instead another partition.

  Thank you for any help which can be offered; it is sincerely and greatly appreciated.

Yahoo! Shopping

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml