Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 18:19:28 +0800
There must be more to it than just XP being fickle.
I've been using XP Pro at work since just after it was released in Oz,
I've set my views how I want them (everything in Details view), and it's
been that way ever since. I have 18 desktop shortcuts to various
partitions, network drives, and folders, and they all display in my
preferred Details view (Hmmm, about time I cleaned up my desktop,
methinks!)
I do have my Windows open in the 'same window' as opposed to it's 'own
window' (under Tools | Folder Options). I wonder if this has anything to
do with it? What's your setting for this?

I'll repeat my process, just in case you're doing something different;

Open My Computer (rather than Explorer, but either should work. I've
always done it via My Computer). Make your settings from this window (ie
don't browse any further).
Set the view required under the 'View' menu.
Open Tools | Folder Options, click the 'view' tab.
UNCHECK 'Remember each folders view settings' under Advanced Settings.
Click 'Reset all Folders', then click 'Apply to all Folders'.
Click OK to close the Folder Options window.
Close the My Computer window. That's it.

Now re-open the My Computer window (Or Windows Explorer, which is just
My Computer with the Folders button clicked on) to confirm settings have
occurred.
Log off, reboot, shutdown - doesn't matter. The view remains the same -
including Control Panel (using Classic view)! Hopefully it will for you,
too!!

Works the same for my Win2k PC at home.

Rick P