Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 00:09:54 -0600
Hello Emie,

From the symptoms you describe my first thought is that your Easy CD Creator
needs updating. This is especially true if the CD-RW is a new one. Go to
this Roxio page and get all the updates for your version:
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/software_updates.jhtml. Pay particular
attention to the installation instructions. I suggest you uninstall it and
start from scratch, doing a "custom" install minus the "Take Two"
application.

If you already have all the updates (the latest drive update is 30 December
2003) then I suspect a corrupt Direct CD driver and an uninstall/reinstall
or the repair option may fix the problem. Also, if you have other software
(my BusLink came with Nero) you could use it until the problem with Roxio is
solved. Both can be installed as long as you don't install Direct CD.

A note of interest. The BusLink DVD±RW (model DVRW 412 RD, which is the NEC
model ND-1300A) comes with Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 Basic.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emie" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 12:00 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Corrupted Driver? Program?

I attempted to use my CDR-W (BusLink 52x24x52) this morning for my weekend
backups when I noticed that the system tray icon for my DirectCD had a red
crossbarred circle on it.  Calling up my Roxio CDCreator Plus produced an
error stating:  "No supported drive present."  What's weird about this is
that the burner can recognized and read my last week's backup CDs (even
printed a .doc file from it),  but will not record files or burn CD today.
The CDR (AOpen, 52X) played my favorite music CD no problem.  I have not
done a full test yet but I have this eerie  feeling that the recording or
burning part of this CDR-W is gone?  Kaput?

I have been using Roxio's DiretCD/CD Creator Plus for quite some time now
and never had any problem with it until today. The Device Manager showed
both CD & Burner without any telltale sign of a problem, conflicts, etc.  I
will probably uninstall and re-install the program to see if this will solve
the problem.  I am just curious as to why all of a sudden this program
decided to just quit working and not recognize the CDR/W components.  Virus
check (AVG), SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, HijackThis and ZA all gave my
system a clean bill of health.  Has anyone else out there experienced this
CDCreator problem before?  Is this a sign of a hardware failure?  Thanks for
any feedback.

AMD XP 2500+, 1Gig RAM, WinXP-Home, 128MB GeForceAGP video, CDR, CDR-W and a
FDD (3.5").

Emie DelRosario

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml