Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Camerons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 22:14:54 -0600
I'm running Windows 98SE.  After I did my regular scan disk and defrag
today, which I did in Safe Mode like I usually do, I restarted my computer.
Now, some of the desktop icons don't show up....instead there is a black
square where the My Computer icon picture should be, as well as a number of
other desktop icons.  The words under the picture are still there, and
clicking on the icons gets me where I want to go. Also some of the icons are
missing from the Start Menu...just their silhouette is there in
black...again, no rhyme or reason to which ones are involved.  Some of these
icons that are having problems are basic to the desktop, such as My Computer
and Internet Explorer, and others are shortcuts that I've created.  Any idea
what has happened and what I can do to do to fix it?  I tried running
another scan disc, defrag and complete virus check.  All turned up no
problems. I haven't installed or uninstalled any software lately. Complete
power off reboot made no difference.  Any and all thoughts appreciated.  I
would welcome individual emails as well as a posting to the list.  Thanks
any and all.

Mary Cameron
Henning, MN

                       http://freepctech.com/rode