Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:52:45 -0600
From: Tom Williams <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, March 11, 2000 5:30 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Software for Converting Scanned Images

>I like working with MS Paint, but whenever I scan something then
convert it to Paint, the image
>is so huge that I can't work with it. Plus it has all the jagged edges.

Most graphics programs have options to convert the image to other
formats.  However, the problem here is probably that you are scanning
the image at too high a resolution.  For instance, if you scan a
five-inch wide image at 300 dots/inch (usually given as "dpi") then
display it on your monitor in a graphics program, it will appear to be
15 inches wide.  This is because your monitor only has a resolution of
about 90 dpi.  Since your monitor is probably only about 11 inches wide,
the image is much too large for the screen.

The resolution you want to scan your image in depends on what you want
to use it for.  If you are only going to use it for display purposes on
a monitor, 150 dpi should be good enough.  If you are going to print it
on most printers, 300dpi is usually enough for most uses except high-end
image processing.  Try using lower dpi settings and see how it turns out
for your typical use.  The files will be much smaller too.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html