Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 17:10:17 -0500
At 10:45 11/01/02, Changhsu P. Liu wrote:
>At 07:22 AM 11/1/2002 -0800, David Gillett wrote:
>>On my Win2K Pro system, the tabs are stacked and Add/Remove
>>is there....
>
>Can you tell me the exact location? On 2 machines I use...I
>carefully looked thru options under each tab but didn't see
>it. I logon as Administrator.

I have Win2k with TweakUI 1.33 and the Add/Remove tab isn't
there.

As I recall, when Win2k was first released there were warnings
of dire consequences if the old TweakUI (from Win9X) was
used. A new version of TweakUI for Win2k was supposed to be
released with the Win2K Resource Kits...but when the two kits
(one for Win2k Pro, one for Win2k Server) were released, there
was still no new TweakUI.

Then a prerelease TweakUI made for Win2K was posted, but it came
with a 30 day expiration date. More betas followed, each with
later expiration dates. Finally someone posted a hacked version
of a beta TweakUI that was non-expiring.

Finally Microsoft released a final TweakUI that was "okay for
Win2k". This was after WinME was released.

The latest TweakUI is version 1.33. It's meant for all versions
of Windows except WinXP. (There is a separate version for WinXP.)
You can get version 1.33 from dozens of places. For example
<http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui> or
<http://www.microsoft.com/ntworkstation/downloads/PowerToys/Networking/NTTweakUI.asp>.
There's a trick to uninstalling TweakUI (when the normal method
doesn't work) but I'm sorry to say that I've forgotten it.
Maybe you should just hunt down and delete (from your computer)
the four files that originally came in the TweakUI archive file
tweakui.exe.

If you want to verify which version of TweakUI is installed
on your Win2k system, right click on the file TWEAKUI.CPL
(use Search or look in your WINNT/system32 folder). Choose
Properties and then click on the Version tab.

If you want to edit the Add/Remove list and don't have this tab
in your TweakUI, you can download the free utility X-Setup
(version 6.2). This is a much more comprehensive tweak utility
than TweakUi. (Like TweakUI, Xteq X-Setup will appear in Control
Panel.) You can download xq-xsetup62.zip from the links at
<http://www.xteq.com/downloads/index.html#xset>.

X-Setup has so many choices that you can get lost going through
all the possible tweaks. To edit the Add/Remove list on Win2k,
open X-Setup in the "Default UI (For Power Users)". Go to
"System", then "Software Installation", then "Uninstall", then
"Uninstall Software List Editor".

Regards,
Bill