Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:53:56 +1000
Kay wrote:

<<Can someone tell me if the free smiley central program is spy ware?>>

You should assume that practically ALL free eye-candy such as smileys,
screensavers, some fonts, will be at least spyware or some worse sort of
malware.  Especially those sites which make a glitzy song and dance about
all the wonderful xxx's you simply can't live without. They're designed to
look super-friendly and inviting. Trouble is---you're the fly!

At the very least, they will farm and sell off your email address and
sometimes a lot more.  Not only that, they'll farm all your friends
addresses too from your Address Book (if you are using OE). It's a
million-dollar business.

There are a few genuine sites offering genuine freeware of this nature, but
it's sometimes difficult to pick which is which.

I don't know the particular site to which you refer, but you are right to
question it.  I'd bet 100-1 that anything calling itself "Smiley Central"
will be spyware.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml